Hello again and thank you for tuning in to my blog! The following is my contribution to the blog chain from Christian Writers. I have been thinking hard about what I can talk about concerning the number nine. And here's what I've come up with...nine places I want to go. Now don't groan! I am not an accomplished traveler by any means. I've been to Canada, Puerto Rico and a few different states, but never any place I really wanted to go to, d'ya know what I mean? I'm going to list my top nine dream destinations. If you happen to be from one of these places or have visited one of these places, please don't brag too much in the comment section! It's just so amazing to think of all the wonderful places God has created!
Me in my favorite place to go, New York City!
Though there are many places I want to go in America, I want to share which countries I want to go. I'll start with the two that I've been to...
Blurry picture of me in Ottawa, Canada
9. Canada – Montreal (Best China town ever!), Quebec, Ontario, Toronto, I've been fortunate enough to actually go to all of these places. I drank milk out of a bag instead of a gallon! And not one Dunkin Donuts in sight, it's all about Tim Horton in these parts. I promise not to say, eh. (guess I just did!)
Puerto Rico in 2000
8. Puerto Rico – Think about sitting in the warm green water under the hot sun. Drinking from a coconut, walking through a rainforest and diving into lush waterfalls.
7. Rome - Can you just imagine walking into history? When in Rome!
I'm not in this one but it's nice to imagine!!
6. Scotland – “They may take out lives, but they will never take OUR FREEDOM!” Okay, I'm so Americanized I automatically think of Mel Gibson's Braveheart. Yet I also think about the beauty this place holds.
5. Australia – Trekking in the outback, catching an opera, having a dinner party on a yacht with the sights, snorkeling, the Great Barrier Reef and so many other things. This is definitely a spot I would love to go!
4. New Zealand: Here's my next geek confession; I became interested in New Zealand after Lord of The Rings came out. I know, I know! But hey, that's how I came to know about this awesome little country.
3. Paris, France - J'ai simplement j'adore cet endroit. Je veux manger beau pain, du fromage et du vin. Voir la Tour Eiffel et colle mon nex a touristes americains! Oh la la!!
2. Ireland – I am so happy to say that I have close friends who live here so if I really wanted to go, all I have to do is make a few phone calls. The problem is 'when' of course. The majesty, the history, the castles. I want to see it all. The lush green open space, the simple farming life (not that you'll ever catch me milking a goat, it ain't happenin').
1. London, England – Brace yourselves because I'm going to say it: Yes, I was a huge Spice Girls fan. I even came up with my own Spice name...Mocha Spice...it's corny, yes, but don't judge me I was only thirteen!! I'm happily going to be cliché and talk about how much I want to see Big Ben and Buckingham Palace. The shops, Hyde Park, the haunted tour (even though I don't believe in ghosts), Bedlam, etc. I can do a spot on English accent and love having afternoon tea. Doctor Who anyone?
Now don't get angry if I didn't mention or miss some really great places, but these have always been in the forefront of MY mind. I am absolutely aware that there are many other wonderful places rich with history and grand scenery. Isn't it wonderful that God made so many beautiful places?!
"God saw all that he had made and it was very good." Genesis 1:31
Check out December's blog chain starting tomorrow. My list is on the right. The theme is "Gifts of the Heart".